How would it feel to travel for 6 months all around the world for free, but also getting paid to do that? Sounds like a dream job for someone with itchy feet and for one lucky guy it will come true. Because yesterday SWISS Airlines announced a contest whose winner will become the official “Swiss globetrotter” and will travel for 6 month, all expenses paid including a salary. He or she will have to publish impressions on the SWISS Airline website, video blog or post updates on the company’s Twitter and Facebook feeds.
According to the official “job description”, people applying for this job have to be from Switzerland of from any country in the European Union and need to have the following profile (from the application doc):
• Cosmopolitan personality with a strong command of written and spoken English
• Exceptional creativity, with a keen eye for graphic presentation
• A natural entertainer who enjoys creating lively, high-quality content for our new swiss.com page
• Strong photographic skills and an intermediate or higher level of ability in shooting and editing video
Applications needs to include:
– a letter of application which must also include salary requirements;
– your resume;
– a travel report to show you got what it takes to publish stuff about the places you visit;
– a video pitch showing you’re the man.
After the application period ends on May 28, ten people will be selected, the three most voted candidates and seven other people chosen by SWISS. They will go into the next phase and fly to Kloten (Zurich Airport) for an interview with SWISS officials. Three finalists will be chosen and given a task to show everyone why they deserve this job. The one to get the most public votes will be the lucky winner, announced in July.
I’m sure there will be parts of this “job” that won’t be so dreamy, but I bet the experience will be incredible for whoever wins. So if you’d like to give it a try, check out the campaign’s page on the SWISS official website, by clicking here.